Who invented this horror?

• Somebody here know me, i'm not from Germany, but now i live here. So sorry for English.

Two times on this month i saw some horror. Some electronics on the street, but without any cables.

there were also the connectors themselves but without any wires.

Today i saw a big box with different electronics and many connectors, near 100 pices. But all were cutted off.
    It just amazes me that someone spent so much time on this to ruin the electronics :D;(

Why don't people here just put away what they don't need?

But they breaking everything, it's very strange. Especially when you still spend time on it. Who invented this tradition?

This is what I found today, someone destroyed many chargers from laptops :(

I even found a СOM mouse, that I need now, but without cable (((

flohmarkt.jpg

• I agree, most stuff could serve in a second life.

But there can be two reasons I assume:

a) the cables contain copper, which is worth some €/kg if you bring it to the scrapyard.

b) for safety reasons the cables are cut off to prevent children to plug devices to main outlets (230V) and cause short circuits and possible fire or other bodily harm.

I you search for specific things, use the forum/marketplace/search "Forum/Marktplatz/Suche"

Suche

often HomeCon/HNC people have LOTS of stuff in the stash and happily give it away. (me included, for sure!)

War dabei :thumbsup: : 72/78 HomeCons - Teilnahmequote 92,3%.
    Been there, played that. And cleaned the BBQ - again.

• Yes, there is copper in the cables, but it is accepted pure, without rubber. I think if someone wants to make money, it's easier to sell the whole thing as is.

And at the expense of power cords, it is just dangerous for children, when there are plugs without a cord, so you are guaranteed to get an electric shock.

Besides, what's to stop kids from playing with their own cords at home?

I think it's better to warn and teach children instead of cutting off the wires, so that later they are interested in what they shouldn't :)